5 things I love about right now!
- The muggy hot weather at dawn. I’m cold by nature. I love being able to wonder through the house and outside without wrapping myself in layers. There is no better feeling than no sweater (which I usually sport until mid-summer around the time most people are frying here in Charleston).
- The Farmer’s market. I love buying food still sporting some of the earth it came from! I love the music and noises! I love people coming together to shop and smile and enjoy the age old practice of bartering.
- I love the rain. I love the smell of rain falling on hot pavement and dry earth! It’s my favorite smell in the whole wide world! I recently discovered there is a name for it! It is called petrichor constructed from Greek, petra, meaning “stone”, + ichor, the fluid that flows in the veins of the gods in Greek mythology . Surely it is from the gods!
- Song birds. I’m not a morning person but it is very difficult to be in a bad mood when you are awakened in the morning by the beautiful songs of birds!
- Vitamin D. Most people are just way more pleasant in the summer time. I chalk it up to more vitamin D. Soak it up!